[Jmap] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-jmap-mdn-15: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 29 September 2020 16:01 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-jmap-mdn@ietf.org, jmap-chairs@ietf.org, jmap@ietf.org, Bron Gondwana <brong@fastmailteam.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 09:01:20 -0700
Subject: [Jmap] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-jmap-mdn-15: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-jmap-mdn-15: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-mdn/

COMMENT:

There are several places in the document where "header" should be changed to
"header field".

In Section 2.1, I think this could be a bit clearer:

OLD:

The following already registered SetError would mean:

NEW:

In this context, the existing SetError values defined in [reference] are
interpreted as follows:

In Sections 2.1 and 2.2:

This is totally a personal nit, and you're free to ignore me, but since I keep
tripping on it I'll mention it: In various places, "id" is used as a word
rather than an initialism, as in "The id of the account to use."  I keep
reading this as the English term from psychoanalysis rather than a truncation
of "identifier".  I'd probably be happier if the full word was used.  Also, in
the first bullet of Section 2, it's capitalized as "Id"; we should probably be
consistent.

In Section 3:

a) s/guaranty/guarantee/ (multiple instances)

b) There's an extension in Section 3.1 starting with "X-" that should probably
be revisited given BCP 178.