Re: [jose] #27: member names MUST be unique needs additional text

"Jim Schaad" <ietf@augustcellars.com> Wed, 26 June 2013 18:30 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'jose issue tracker' <trac+jose@trac.tools.ietf.org>, draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature@tools.ietf.org, michael.jones@microsoft.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:29:52 -0700
Cc: jose@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [jose] #27: member names MUST be unique needs additional text

<no hat>

I consider myself to be reasonably competent in both English and Technical English.  I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing to deal with the text below.  Does this mean that I need to write an independent parser?  What about cases where it is coming in on a stream and I don't get to see the data before the parse occurs?  How are they interpreted differently?  What exactly is this supposed to be addressing.  Much of this could be skipped when we said don't do it.  Since this is no longer a viable statement due to the state of parsers, we need to be more explicit and say what is going on.

No I don't consider the suggested text to be adequate.