Re: [jose] COSE / JOSE at IETF 97 Hackathon

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Fri, 11 November 2016 08:20 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'Vladimir Dzhuvinov' <vladimir@connect2id.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 17:20:34 +0900
Cc: jose@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [jose] COSE / JOSE at IETF 97 Hackathon

The answer is yes, but I am going to throw some heavy caveats at you first.

1.      It was written mostly to do a sanity check and to validate the examples in the JOSE documents.  As such it is not necessarily very solid and it has some holes that I am in the middle of finding as I expand how it is checking the test cases.

2.      It is probably not written in a language that you want to be using as it is in C#.

3.      There are lots of other libraries that you can find on github that probably do a better job and in a language which you want to use.

4.      It is tightly bound in some respects to my COSE implementation

5.      I am probably going to be moving the repository it is in over the weekend as part of the code sprint in order to get Travis to do builds and tests for me.

That said it can be found at https://github.com/cose-wg/cose-implementations in the csharp directory.

Jim