Re: [jose] Feedback request on jose tracker issue #8: Should we add a "spi" header field?

"Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS" <vladimir@nimbusds.com> Sat, 20 April 2013 11:19 UTC

From: Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS <vladimir@nimbusds.com>
To: Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>, jose@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 04:19:25 -0700
Subject: Re: [jose] Feedback request on jose tracker issue #8: Should we add a "spi" header field?

+1 This looks like a neat way to link the proposed SPI spec to the base
JWS/JWE specs without requiring the latter to be changed (or be aware of
the SPI extension). In terms of coding in SPI support, I also imagine
that to be easier to implement with our Nimbus JOSE+JWT library in mind
- by simply adding a new JWS/JWE handler for "spi" algs, with none of
the core JOSE classes needing to be reworked.

Vladimir

--
Vladimir Dzhuvinov : www.NimbusDS.com : vladimir@nimbusds.com