[jose] SPI - KID conflict -- Re: SPI proposal

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Thu, 07 February 2013 06:35 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 08:35:07 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: Richard Barnes <rlb@ipv.sx>
Cc: hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net, "jose@ietf.org" <jose@ietf.org>
Subject: [jose] SPI - KID conflict -- Re: SPI proposal

Hi Richard,

when I tried to use the JW* specifications in OAuth my assumption was
that the kid (key id) provides exactly the purpose you outline below
(and call spi). (Btw, I prefer kid rather than SPI).

The only problem with the KID, as I raised on the list before, is that
it should be in the header and not in the body (since otherwise it would
not be visible when the data inside the body is encrypted.

Ciao
Hannes