Re: [Json] Normative reference reasoning and logistics

"Manger, James" <James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com> Sun, 01 May 2016 23:19 UTC

From: "Manger, James" <James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com>
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, "Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr)" <jhildebr@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 09:19:24 +1000
acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
Cc: "json@ietf.org" <json@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Json] Normative reference reasoning and logistics

Sounds more harmful than helpful to again change the RFC number that defines JSON — rfc4627, rfc7158, rfc7159, rfcXXXX — for what is supposed to be a simple and stable format.
Stick the text in as an errata marked “held for document update”; or stick it in its own RFC that updates rfc7159 (bit weird?); or in a liaison note to ECMA.

--
James Manger