[kitten] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13-14: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 01 March 2022 12:05 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13@ietf.org, kitten-chairs@ietf.org, kitten@ietf.org, alexey.melnikov@isode.com, alexey.melnikov@isode.com
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 04:05:02 -0800
Subject: [kitten] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13-14: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13-14: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-tls-channel-bindings-for-tls13/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Special thanks to Alexey Melnikov for the shepherd's write-up including the
section about the WG consensus even if I would have appreciated the
justification for proposed standard status.

As Martin Duke wrote: let's have the abstract and the meta-data "update" be
consistent (I am not raising a DISCUSS as I trust Ben and Martin for handling
this issue).

The whole text is rather dry, and the introduction would have benefited to the
readers if it included more context and explanations.

I am also assuming that in section 2 the length is really 32 octets while the
string "EXPORTER-Channel-Binding" has only 25 characters (I had no time to dig
into the details of RFC 5705).

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric