[kitten] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-07

Russ Housley via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Fri, 15 May 2020 16:57 UTC

From: Russ Housley via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: last-call@ietf.org, draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth.all@ietf.org, kitten@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 09:57:38 -0700
Subject: [kitten] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-07

Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review result: Almost Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

Document: draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-07
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2020-05-15
IETF LC End Date: 2020-05-26
IESG Telechat date: Unknown

Major Concerns:

Section 1.2: A reference is needed for the "SPAKE algorithm" is
needed here, even if it is a forward pointer to Section 2.
Does this align with draft-irtf-cfrg-spake2?  Are you aware of
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4018/?

Minor Concerns:

Abstract: Please explain "FAST", perhaps just a pointer to RFC 6113.

Section 7 says:

   First, the hash function associated with the selected group is
   computed over the concatenation of the following values:

A hash value is being computed, not a group.

Nits:

General: Please prepare for publication as an RFC by changing "this
draft" to something that is appropriate for an archival series document.

Section 1: In the first paragraph, we see: "preauthentication".  Then,
in the first paragraph of Section 1.1, we see "pre-authentication".
Please pick one.

Note:  I did not try to compile the ASN.1 or run the python script.