[kitten] [FEEDBACK REQUEST] "Birds of a Feather (BOF)" on Email Security

Michael Peddemors <michael@linuxmagic.com> Tue, 04 February 2020 18:15 UTC

From: Michael Peddemors <michael@linuxmagic.com>
To: extra@ietf.org, ietf-smtp@ietf.org, kitten@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 10:15:15 -0800
Subject: [kitten] [FEEDBACK REQUEST] "Birds of a Feather (BOF)" on Email Security

It was suggested I cross post to these list(s), with only a few days
left before the deadline for requesting a "Birds of a Feather" session,
I am proposing that a meeting be held in Vancouver for a BOF suggestion
surrounding all those that are interested in solving problems around
email security.

Specifically, to determine how wide or narrow the scope of such a
session should be.. we can discuss how IETF can weigh in some of our
largest threats (such as POP and SMTP authentication over unencrypted
networks is still enshrined in RFC's) various proposals for multi-factor
authentication, improvements to the protocols to support other methods,
such as our own CLIENTID as trust factors, access control tools, or two
factor authentication, and any other topics that span across all email
protocols.

Email security is one of the largest threats today, and it is an
opportunity to weigh in what role the IETF can play in improving the
situation.

to see your feedback on what other cross protocol issues might be
included, and or discussed as part of this BOF.

And of course, please feel free to chime in if you feel that this BOF
should be more narrowly focused, or wider focused.

	-- Michael --

PS, Look forward to seeing everyone in Vancouver.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
"MagicSpam" is a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."