Subject: [Lake] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-pocero-lake-authkem-edhoc-00.txt
From: Lidia Pocero Fraile <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2026 15:01:40 +0300
List-Id: Lightweight Authenticated Key Exchange <lake.ietf.org>

Hi everyone,

  I have just divided the work previously included in 
draft-pocero-authkem-edhoc-02 into two separate drafts and published 
them independently.

The KEM-based authentication draft containing the quantum-resistant 
signature-free authentication method, where both parties use KEM-based 
authentication, is available below. I would kindly like to request a 
short presentation slot (5-10 minutes) during the interim meeting to 
present this draft briefly.

Best Regards

Lidia Pocero Fraile

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-pocero-lake-authkem-edhoc-00.txt
Resent-Date: 	Fri, 22 May 2026 14:43:53 +0300 (EEST)
Resent-From: 	[email-masked]
Date: 	Fri, 22 May 2026 04:43:37 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Apostolos P. Fournaris <[email-masked]>, Apostolos Fournaris 
<[email-masked]>, Christos Koulamas <[email-masked]>, 
Evangelos Haleplidis <[email-masked]>, Lidia Fraile 
<[email-masked]>, Lidia Pocero Fraile <[email-masked]>

A new version of Internet-Draft draft-pocero-lake-authkem-edhoc-00.txt has
been successfully submitted by Lidia Pocero Fraile and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-pocero-lake-authkem-edhoc
Revision: 00
Title: KEM-based Authentication for EDHOC
Date: 2026-05-22
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 35
URL: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-pocero-lake-authkem-edhoc-00.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pocero-lake-authkem-edhoc/
HTMLized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pocero-lake-authkem-edhoc

Abstract:

This document specifies extensions to the Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman
Over COSE (EDHOC) protocol to provide resistance against quantum
computer adversaries by incorporating Post-Quantum Cryptography (PQC)
Key Encapsulation Mechanisms (KEMs) for both key exchange and
authentication. It defines a new signature-free KEM-based
authentication method in which both parties authenticate using KEMs,
enabling quantum-resistant authentication without relying on digital
signatures when PQC KEMs, such as the NIST-standardized ML-KEM, are
used.

The IETF Secretariat