Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

Dan Harkins <dharkins@lounge.org> Sun, 02 October 2022 05:06 UTC

Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 22:06:09 -0700
From: Dan Harkins <dharkins@lounge.org>
To: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, last-call@ietf.org, IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On 10/1/22 9:37 PM, Adam Roach wrote:
> The systemic tragedy is that we've somehow reached a point where he
> AND OTHERS feel that they have some kind of permission (or at least
> entitlement) to abuse people trying to get work done in the IETF.

   What is this work that I objected to? I have never criticized any WG
formation
to try and get work done. Please get work done! None of these "problematic"
emails are over anyone trying to do any technical work in the IETF.

   Every single issue raised by Lars has to do with other people either
calling
someone racist, or saying that there is a systemic problem in the IETF
wrt to
race, or ridiculous statements that the KKK is the biggest issue facing
the IESG.
One was that the charter of a WG should discuss issues about race! All
of this
stuff is far far away from the Internet or Engineering. I'm objecting to
this
introduction of non-technical issues into the IETF.

   The problem is that many people think we've reached the point where they
feel it's OK (they feel entitled) to bring this racial nonsense into a
technical
standards body. *That* is the problem.

   Dan.

--
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius