Re: [ledbat] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-08.txt

Mirja Kuehlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@ikr.uni-stuttgart.de> Fri, 28 October 2011 13:37 UTC

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@ikr.uni-stuttgart.de>
To: ledbat@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:37:33 +0200
Cc: adithya kumar <k.adithya1990@gmail.com>, "Dr. R.Leela Velusamy" <leela@nitt.edu>
Subject: Re: [ledbat] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-08.txt

Hi Arjuna,

heavy congestion does mean that for CTO time no data have been received. If
data was received LEDBAT will compare the respective delay measurement with
the base delay and increase or decrease the cwnd (except it is already
MIN_CWND). Then if less packets are in flight than the cwnd allows it will
send out a packet. Normally, if in CTO time no packet was received, it is
assumed that all packets are loss and fightsize might be reset to 0. But an
algorithm how to detect packet loss is independent from LEDBAT and thus not
described in this draft.

I hope that helps...?

Thanks for your feedback!
Mirja