[Lime] Eric Rescorla's No Record on draft-ietf-lime-yang-connection-oriented-oam-model-06: (with COMMENT)

Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> Thu, 22 February 2018 15:22 UTC

From: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-lime-yang-connection-oriented-oam-model@ietf.org, rbonica@juniper.net, lime-chairs@ietf.org, rbonica@juniper.net, lime@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 07:22:08 -0800
Subject: [Lime] Eric Rescorla's No Record on draft-ietf-lime-yang-connection-oriented-oam-model-06: (with COMMENT)

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lime-yang-connection-oriented-oam-model-06: No Record

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lime-yang-connection-oriented-oam-model/

COMMENT:

I didn't really get through this, but I had a few editorial points.

It's almost certainly my unfamiliarity with the setting, but I found it
a bit hard to understand the context of this document. I think there
were two things I found a bit confusing:

1. Why you need a separate model for connectionless and connection-oriented
   OAM?

2. What sort of concepts should I be having in my head for MD,
   MA, and MEP? Are these kind of like "site", "link", and "endpoint"?

This may all be completely clear to people with OAM experience in
these settings, in which case feel free to ignore me. But it did
make it a bit hard for this layperson to read.