[lisp] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-20: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in> Thu, 27 September 2018 13:13 UTC

From: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis@ietf.org, Luigi Iannone <ggx@gigix.net>, lisp-chairs@ietf.org, ggx@gigix.net, lisp@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 06:13:59 -0700
Subject: [lisp] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-20: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-20: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis/

COMMENT:

I unfortunately ran out of time to do more than a cursory review of the LISP
documents on this week's telechat. My apologies. I find the SEC ADs' DISCUSS
positions concerning, though, and support the resolution of their security
concerns.

Section 15 of RFC 6830 lists a number of open issues and areas for future work.
It seems like at least some of these are not addressed in this round of
document updates. I would have expected some more explicit discussion of how
the bis document addresses those areas, or why it does not need to.

I'm curious why there are several authors listed with an affiliation (Cisco)
who no longer have that affiliation AFAIK.