[lisp] Jari Arkko's Block on charter-ietf-lisp-03-00: (with BLOCK)

"Jari Arkko" <jari.arkko@piuha.net> Wed, 03 February 2016 23:50 UTC

From: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 15:50:02 -0800
Cc: lisp-chairs@ietf.org, lisp@ietf.org
Subject: [lisp] Jari Arkko's Block on charter-ietf-lisp-03-00: (with BLOCK)

Jari Arkko has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-lisp-03-00: Block

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lisp/

BLOCK:

Thank you for formulating a proposal for LISP work to continue to next
step(s). The results will be interesting, and there's a group of people
interested in doing the work.

The basics of the proposed charter seem good; learn from the experience
and take what worked well into PS, ditch the not-so-well-worked parts,
and continue some part of the work as experimental until we have more
experience of it.

I will support a new charter for the working group, but first I have a
question that I want discuss. I do think though that we should talk about
the scoping of the charter. It is quite imprecise with respect to what
will be on standards track and what is not. Could that or the process
leading to that decision be clarified? Or am I missing something on this
late hour when I read the charter? For instance, consider taking to PS
things that we have published as RFCs before (possibly modified).