Re: [lisp] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-threats-14: (with COMMENT)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Tue, 19 January 2016 14:56 UTC

To: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:56:49 +0000
Cc: draft-ietf-lisp-threats@ietf.org, lisp@ietf.org, lisp-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [lisp] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-threats-14: (with COMMENT)

On 19/01/16 14:50, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
> Stephen, than you for the comments.
>
> With regard to the question of discussing lisp-crypto, the biggest
> concern has been creating a normative dependence on future work.

Then make it informative I guess. I don't see any problem, and do
see benefits, in text along the lines of "privacy is an issue since
LISP concentrates traffic making passive monitoring of plaintext
arguably somewhat easier, people are working on [list-crypto] as
a way to deal with that." In any case, you shouldn't take anything
I've said as me wanting a normative reference to lisp-crypto, I
didn't mean to suggest that.

As that's how you've handled lisp-sec it shouldn't pose any
process issues I'd hope.

That said, I'm not a DISCUSS on this, so am non-blocking.

Cheers,
S.