Re: [lisp] A Stab At Opportunistic Encryption for LISP

Edward Lopez <elopez@fortinet.com> Tue, 04 March 2014 01:19 UTC

From: Edward Lopez <elopez@fortinet.com>
To: "lisp@ietf.org list" <lisp@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 01:19:33 +0000
x-originating-ip: [78.149.18.188]
Subject: Re: [lisp] A Stab At Opportunistic Encryption for LISP

As I’ve previously noted, there was a significant lapse in time since I was able to last work on this draft for lisp-oe.  Even then, there was a significant difference between myself and Dino regarding the methodology of actually encrypting the packets, where lisp-oe using IPSec ESP, and lisp-crypto is evolving its own methodology.  While we will both constructively agree to disagree, Dino has asked me to remove his name from my draft, as to not misrepresent his position.

Both lisp-crypto and lisp-oe agree on the need to establish a key within a single packet exchange, which I do believe is the critical work.  It may be possible to join work on commonality within the key-exchange aspects of the drafts, while working separately on the actual LISP packet encryption scheme.

Attached is 'draft-lopez-lisp-oe-01’, which reflects this change.

Thanks!
Ed Lopez

***  Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential
and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy this e-mail
and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.
Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect
the views of Fortinet, Inc., its affiliates, and emails are not binding on
Fortinet and only a writing manually signed by Fortinet's General Counsel can be
a binding commitment of Fortinet to Fortinet's customers or partners. Thank you. ***