Re: [lisp] WG Last Call on draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-02

Marc Binderberger <marc@sniff.de> Thu, 16 October 2014 06:52 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 23:52:45 -0700
From: Marc Binderberger <marc@sniff.de>
To: Luigi Iannone <ggx@gigix.net>
Cc: Roger Jorgensen <rogerj@gmail.com>, "lisp@ietf.org" <lisp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [lisp] WG Last Call on draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-02

Hello Luigi,

my apology for the delayed reply.

Yes, I think the clean-up I propose and also Geoff is making some reasonable
comments to avoid re-use of terms that may hit the nerve of people who work
for or with RIR :-)

Plus the replies on this list made me more comfortable. I'm not against this
experiment, quite the opposite, and thus are interested to have the documents
and finally the experiment ready to go. I just wasn't sure about some of the
wording and wanted to make sure this is understood as an experiment that has
an end date and ends cleaned-up (from an Internet BGP point of view). You
know, no "c'mon, it's just a couple of /48 in your table" :-)

(not being worried about the one /32 in the table)

Sorry when my feedback came late (my fault, I admit) and maybe a bit harsh.
Looking forward!

Best regards,
Marc