Re: [lisp] OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-lisp-introduction-11

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 10 February 2015 23:46 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:45:49 -0500
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>, "acabello@ac.upc.edu" <acabello@ac.upc.edu>, "damien.saucez@inria.fr" <damien.saucez@inria.fr>, "ops-dir@ietf.org" <ops-dir@ietf.org>
Cc: "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>, "lisp@ietf.org" <lisp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [lisp] OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-lisp-introduction-11

I will leave most of these for the authors to comment on.

With regard to your question about incremental deployment, that is the
domain of the LISP Deployment document, and was deliberately only
lightly covered here.  I am not sure what we can do to address your
comment without duplicating the entirety of that document.

With regard to UDP Zero, this was approved by the IESG and published as
an RFC.  It is part of the way the protocol is defined.  If there are
specific changes you would like to see in the explanatory text, I am
sure we could include them.  If you are looking for a change in the
behavior, this document can not make changes to the LISP behavior.

Yours,
Joel