[lisp] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Wed, 19 September 2018 19:42 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-lisp-gpe@ietf.org, Luigi Iannone <ggx@gigix.net>, lisp-chairs@ietf.org, ggx@gigix.net, lisp@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:42:08 -0700
Subject: [lisp] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-05: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-gpe/

DISCUSS:

Thanks for addressing the TSV-ART review (and Magnus for doing the review)! I
assume that the proposed text will be incorporated in the next version. (Would
have been even better if those (larger) changes would have been added before
the doc was put on the telechat; please update as soon as possible so other AD
can review that text as well).

However, I think the text still needs to say more about HOW the PCP should be
mapped to DSCPs. RFC8325 doesn't provide guidelines but a mapping for 802.11.
Is the same mapping applicable here?

Also, I'm not an expert for that part, but I guess there also is further
guidance needed on HOW to map the VID...?

COMMENT:

Given this doc uses the last reserved bit in the lisp header, I would really
like to see more discussion how the data plane lisp can still be extended. I
think the solution is straight-forward (define a shim layer for the extension
and announce this capability in the Map-Reply), however, spelling this out
seems to be appropriate for this doc.