Re: [lmap] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-12.txt

Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de> Wed, 16 November 2016 16:15 UTC

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 17:15:39 +0100
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>
To: "Bugenhagen, Michael K" <Michael.K.Bugenhagen@centurylink.com>
Cc: "philip.eardley@bt.com" <philip.eardley@bt.com>, "acmorton@att.com" <acmorton@att.com>, "lmap@ietf.org" <lmap@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [lmap] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-12.txt

Dear Michael,

what is a 'test server' - the 'thing' a measurement task on a
measurement agent runs a test against? If so, this is outside the
scope of the information model. Even if the 'test server' would be run
under the control of an LMAP measurement agent, it would be a task,
i.e., the CAC (Call Admission Control?) would have to be implemented
as part of the measurement task, not in the LMAP scheduler.

The only thing that _could_ be relevant for the LMAP information model
that I see in your message is throttling, i.e., suspending schedules
if there are too many failures.

/js