Re: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support-02.txt

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Fri, 01 November 2019 06:18 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, "lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 06:18:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.134.31.203]
Subject: Re: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support-02.txt

Les:
-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) [mailto:ginsberg@cisco.com]
发送时间: 2019年9月30日 12:34
收件人: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>; lsr@ietf.org

Qin -

Apologies for the tardy response. I was on vacation when you sent the update - and it has taken me a while to catch up.

I would agree with Adrian that the new version is a significant improvement - but there are still two points of concern for me.

1)Although you now mention the restrictions in RFC 5088/5089 against further IGP extensions, you do not reinforce that this restriction should still be considered to be in place after the allowance of the two additional exceptions. Something to the effect:

OLD

" Section 4 of [RFC5089] states that no new sub-TLVs will be added to
   the PCED TLV, and no new PCE information will be carried in the
   Router CAPABLITY TLV.  This document updates [RFC5089] by allowing
   the two new sub-TLVs defined in this document to be carried in the
   PCED TLV of the for use in the Router CAPABILITY TLV."

NEW

" Section 4 of [RFC5089] states that no new sub-TLVs will be added to
   the PCED sub-TLV, and no new PCE information will be carried in the
   Router CAPABLITY TLV.  This document updates [RFC5089] by allowing
   the two new sub-TLVs defined in this document to be carried in the
   PCED TLV of the for use in the Router CAPABILITY TLV. The introduction of
  the additional sub-TLVs should be viewed as an exception to the [RFC5089] policy
  justified by the need to know the new information prior to establishing a PCEP session.
  The restrictions defined in  [RFC5089] should still
  be considered  to be in place."
[Qin]: The proposed change looks good, I think it also applies to new TLV for OSPF. So I will tweak a little bit the text your proposed, thanks.
2)I still do not know what position the PCE WG has regarding this work.
[Qin]: If you followed discussion in last PCE WG, I presented this draft in PCE session in Montreal, PCE chair agreed to remove such restriction on RFC5089.
Based on this agreement, Adrian responded to my email raised on the lsr list and suggest not open door to new future extension. Your proposed text perfectly
close the door, thanks.
Hope this clarifies.

   Les