[Lsr] [Need AD’s Judgement and Explanation] Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-lsr-ip-flexalgo-04 - "IGP Flexible Algorithms (Flex-Algorithm) In IP Networks"

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Mon, 16 May 2022 15:35 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 23:35:28 +0800
Cc: "Peter Psenak (ppsenak)" <ppsenak@cisco.com>, Ketan Talaulikar <ketant.ietf@gmail.com>, lsr@ietf.org, draft-ietf-lsr-ip-flexalgo@ietf.org
To: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, jgs@juniper.net
Subject: [Lsr] [Need AD’s Judgement and Explanation] Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-lsr-ip-flexalgo-04 - "IGP Flexible Algorithms (Flex-Algorithm) In IP Networks"

Hi, Acee:
I am curious that you are so hurry to forward this document.
The updated document just describes the followings: (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-ip-flexalgo-06#section-6)

“To be able to associate the prefix with the Flex-Algorithm, the
   existing prefix reachability advertisements can not be used, because
   they advertise the prefix reachability in default algorithm 0.
   Instead, a new IP Flex-Algorithm reachability advertisements are
   defined in IS-IS and OSPF.”

If the above statement is valid, then why the FAPM defined in the base document can be the sub-TLV of existing prefix advertisements?
Please also refer to the IANA allocation table https://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xhtml#isis-tlv-codepoints-advertising-prefix-reachability

And, I see no any clue of different flex-Algo will influence each other:

If the router doesn’t support FAPM sub-TLV(doesn’t not support flex-Algo) or the FAPM sub-TLV doesn’t present in the prefix advertisements , the prefixes will be calculated in algorithm 0. If the router support FAPM sub-TLV(support flex-Algo) and FAPM is present, the associated prefixes will be calculated in the appointed Flex-Algorithm.

What’s the difficulty?

I have also noticed your statement in the document write up, but you and the authors’ responses to the concerns are unreasonable.

Should the AD make the final judgment and give one reasonable explanation?

I respect the works of the authors and all the reviewers’ and shepherd’s efforts, but think this is not the right direction to accomplish the aim.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom