Re: [Lsr] New Version Notification for draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement-03.txt

Aijun Wang <wangaj3@chinatelecom.cn> Wed, 29 July 2020 08:54 UTC

Sender: wangaj3@chinatelecom.cn
From: Aijun Wang <wangaj3@chinatelecom.cn>
To: acee@cisco.com, 'Aijun Wang' <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>, lsr@ietf.org
Cc: 'Zhibo Hu' <huzhibo@huawei.com>, 'Yaqun Xiao' <xiaoyaqun@huawei.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 16:54:19 +0800
Subject: Re: [Lsr] New Version Notification for draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement-03.txt

Hi, Acee:

From: acee@cisco.com [mailto:acee@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:22 PM
To: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>; 'Aijun Wang' <wangaj3@chinatelecom.cn>; lsr@ietf.org
Cc: 'Zhibo Hu' <huzhibo@huawei.com>; 'Yaqun Xiao' <xiaoyaqun@huawei.com>

Hi Aijun,

You did misunderstand me so let me be brief.

1.       By summarized prefix, I mean an unreachable prefix subsumed by the summary advertisement. I thought this would be clear from the context of your draft. So my point is that signaling unreachability from one ABR is only useful if the subsumed prefix is reachable though another ABR.

[WAJ] Signaling unreachability is also useful when the specified prefix isn’t reachable through all of ABRs.

2.       What I’m suggesting is provide connectivity between the ABRs. For example, you use the tunneling defining in section 6.1 whenever a subsumed prefix is unreachable. Please don’t come back with another circular argument.

[WAJ] Zhibo has answered this in another mail.  Tunnel solution can’t solve BGP route convergence scenario.

Thanks,
Acee