[Lsr] 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: Regarding OSPF extension for inter-area topology retrieval

"Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Wed, 25 July 2018 03:50 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: 'Rob Shakir' <rjs@rob.sh>
Cc: "'Dongjie (Jimmy)'" <jie.dong@huawei.com>, chopps@chopps.org, 'Peter Psenak' <ppsenak=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "'Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)'" <ketant@cisco.com>, lsr@ietf.org, "'Acee Lindem (acee)'" <acee@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 11:50:16 +0800
Subject: [Lsr] 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: Regarding OSPF extension for inter-area topology retrieval

Hi, Rob:

If we use BGP-LS to get the underlay topology, we will not consider deployment other methods such as IGP adjacency or LSDB telemetry, although all of them are applicable.

If we deploy BGP-LS adjacency with routers in multi-area to get the full multi-area topology, it will be no different with the traditional IGP adjacency, increase the complexity that BGP-LS solution itself can reduce.

On the other hand, if we do not solve such scenario, isn’t BGP-LS one complete solution for underlay IGP topology gathering?

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang

Network R&D and Operation Support Department

China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Research Institute,Beijing, China.