Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call for "IGP Flexible Algorithms (Flex-Algorithm) In IP Networks" - draft-bonica-lsr-ip-flexalgo-01

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Fri, 04 December 2020 06:56 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: 'Jeff Tantsura' <jefftant.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: 'Tony Li' <tony1athome@gmail.com>, 'Robert Raszuk' <robert@raszuk.net>, 'lsr' <lsr@ietf.org>, "'Acee Lindem (acee)'" <acee=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 14:56:42 +0800
Subject: Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call for "IGP Flexible Algorithms (Flex-Algorithm) In IP Networks" - draft-bonica-lsr-ip-flexalgo-01

Hi, Jeff:

Maybe I should add one more sentence to follow your statement, then the responses looks more consecutive:

Anything else than IGP metric based SPT is considered TE.----But operator are expecting new TE solution that can meet the dynamic environment, not the static resource allocation. -------Static TE can’t meet the requirement of real world. If the LFA mechanism can only be achieved within each IP-FLEX algorithm, is it just another static resource allocation and prefix assignment method?

Are the above statement true or acceptable?

Best Regards

Aijun Wang

China Telecom