[Lsr] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-10

Mohit Sethi via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 31 October 2019 08:08 UTC

From: Mohit Sethi via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: last-call@ietf.org, draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit.all@ietf.org, lsr@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 01:08:39 -0700
Subject: [Lsr] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-10

Reviewer: Mohit Sethi
Review result: Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-10
Reviewer: Mohit Sethi
Review Date: 2019-10-31
IETF LC End Date: 2019-11-07
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

routers to indicate that they are hosts which will not forward transit traffic.
The document is READY for publication.

Major issues:

Minor issues:
I think the document would benefit from some more discussion on what happens if
a router that is repelling traffic is on the only path to some destinations?
How is this handled? Is it fair to say that H-bit is only a best effort way of
repelling traffic and does not guarantee that the transit traffic is actually
interrupted?

Any reason that this is only done for OSPFv2 and not v3? Are there ways of
achieving this functionality (of repelling transit traffic) already in v3?

Nits/editorial comments:
- Please expand acronyms like NSSA and LSAs on first usage.
- Abstract has stray " symbol.
-  The list in the acknowledgements section could benefit from an Oxford comma:
Abhay Roy, David Ward, Burjiz Pithawala, and Michael Barnes for their comments.