Re: [Lsr] LSR WG Adoption Call for "Algorithm Related IGP-Adjacency SID Advertisement"

peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn Mon, 31 May 2021 12:49 UTC

Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 20:49:06 +0800
From: peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn
To: jie.dong@huawei.com
Cc: lsr@ietf.org, chopps@chopps.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] LSR WG Adoption Call for "Algorithm Related IGP-Adjacency SID Advertisement"

Hi Jie,

Please see inline [PSF]

------------------原始邮件------------------
发件人:Dongjie(Jimmy)
收件人:彭少富10053815;
抄送人:lsr@ietf.org;chopps@chopps.org;
日 期 :2021年05月31日 17:35
主 题 :Re: [Lsr] LSR WG Adoption Call for "Algorithm Related IGP-Adjacency SID Advertisement"
Hi PSF,
Please see inline:

Then it is reasonable to remove the text about use case 1, 2 and the operations in section 5 which are related to per flex-algo resource reservation or traffic treatment over the same link, as you said they are local behaviors thus do not require  interoperability.

[PSF] I'm afraid we can't come to the conclusion that some description of local behavior that is  beneficial to understand the integrity of the whole scheme must not be contained in the document. It does not violate any iron law. The significance of their existence is to show that the local behavior related to the algorithm is possible, so the use of flex algo alone can be competent for some scenarios (e.g, network slicing).  I think the section of use case is open, and ajdacency backup use case is not the only case.
> IMO the local behavior can be any local policies, such as local repair path, local
> queue, local priority for entry installation, etc. Adj-sid per algo provides the
> basis for these local behavior. It is useful to describe how adj-sid per algo can
> satisfy these usecases, also to facilitate readers to understand its use.
Local repair is different from the other cases you mentioned. Local repair results in the change of the path and the SID list, which is visible to the network.

[PSF] I don't believe local repair path is visible to other nodes of the network. If you means that show the state of local repair path, you can also show the state of local queue.

 In addition, the computation of local repair path is based on the Flex-Algo constraints defined by the FAD. In contrast, the local queue or priority information is not reflected in the FAD.

[PSF] Agree, you can also find that local queue is different with local priority. This difference is not our focus, we focus on the possibility of local policy per algo on nodes.
Before introducing the local queue and priority use cases to this draft, it is necessary to understand whether such local information need to be included in the FAD or not, and propose relevant Flex-Algo extensions for it, otherwise IMO they are local information and behaviors which are NOT related to Flex-Algo.

[PSF] See the first untenable conclusion.
Best regards,
Jie