[Lsr] 答复: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support-01.txt

"Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Wed, 26 June 2019 07:36 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: "'Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)'" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, "'Acee Lindem (acee)'" <acee@cisco.com>, draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support@ietf.org
Cc: lsr@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 15:36:11 +0800
Subject: [Lsr] 答复: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support-01.txt

Hi, Les:

For the situation that PCE is not an LSR, this draft also provides some help for other LSRs to find the PCE-----one can configure the PCE related info on one of the LSR/PCC, and then this LSR/PCC flood such information to other LSRs/PCCs? Or else, every PCC/LSR should know the PCE by manually configuration? This is applicable for RFC5088/5089.

The restriction stated in Section <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5088#section-4>  4 of [RFC5088] and Section <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5089#section-4>  4 of [RFC5089] seems not reasonable now, because the security communication consideration between PCE and PCC is important, as that pointed out in this draft.

I think we can have two options for such confliction avoidance:
1. Put this draft in individual document, update the RFC5088/5089 in their bis version(just to eliminate the above restriction)----Easy for the author, not for the reader, but is the most common way for such situation?
2. Merger this draft with RFC5088/RFC5089 in their bis version-----As Les pointed out, will be easier for the reader. But how to arrange the author list?

And another opinion is that IGP is suitable to transfer the information that needed by routers within the IGP domain. Such piggyback action can simplify the operation of network. Or else, the network should operate different protocols to accomplish such task.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang

Network R&D and Operation Support Department

China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Research Institute,Beijing, China.