[Lsr] 答复: [spring] draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc & draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc

"Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Thu, 22 November 2018 01:19 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: "'Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)'" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, stephane.litkowski@orange.com, lsr@ietf.org
Cc: spring@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 09:18:46 +0800
Subject: [Lsr] 答复: [spring] draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc & draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc

Hi, Les:

Can we consider more aggressively to convert between the Router Information
LSA(defined in RFC7770) and  IS-IS Router CAPABILITY TLV(defined in RFC7981)
when we do OSPF/IS-IS redistribution?

When the redistribution occurs between different OSPF instances or IS-IS
instances, such LSA or TLV need only be flooded into another instances, no
conversion are involved.

Doing so can meet other future requirements for node capabilities
information between different IGP instances. And will not make the user
confusion for the usage of associated sub TLV.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang

Network R&D and Operation Support Department

China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Research Institute,Beijing, China.

·¢¼þÈË: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) [mailto:ginsberg@cisco.com]
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2018Äê11ÔÂ20ÈÕ 14:52
ÊÕ¼þÈË: Aijun Wang; stephane.litkowski@orange.com; lsr@ietf.org
³­ËÍ: spring@ietf.org
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [spring] draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc & draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc

Aijun ¨C

In the inter-AS case, what is needed is to know ELC of the originating node.
Simply knowing who the originator of an advertisement is not sufficient.

If ELC is advertised as a node capability, then a controller with access to
BGP-LS database for both ASs could determine ELC by piecing together the
node capability advertisement and the prefix advertisement w originating
router-id.

But what Stephane has proposed for the inter-AS case is a way to know ELC in
the absence of a controller.

This means nodes in AS #1 need to have ELC capability info for nodes in AS
#2.

As there is no way to redistribute IGP Node Capability advertisements
between different IGP instances, the alternative is to advertise ELC
associated with a prefix advertisement since the prefix advertisement can be
redistributed between IGP instances.

Knowing the originator of the prefix is necessary, but it is not sufficient.

Hope this is clear.

    Les