[Lsr] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-15: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net> Sun, 23 September 2018 23:51 UTC

From: Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd@ietf.org, Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, lsr-chairs@ietf.org, chopps@chopps.org, lsr@ietf.org, wangzitao@huawei.com
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 16:51:37 -0700
Subject: [Lsr] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-15: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-15: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd/

COMMENT:

Thank you for a well written, clear and easy to understand document.
Also thanks to Zitao Wang for the OpsDir review (
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ops-dir/GT5r_8_OukxlqMb1NFdsbNysJIw )

While reviewing it I found some minor nits - these are not blocking comments,
but please consider addressing them to make the document even better:

1: Section 1:
" Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) SR extensions"
I think this would read better as "The Path Computation ..." (Hey! I did say
they were nits :-))

2: Section 2.  Node MSD Advertisement
"Type: 23 (allocated by IANA via the early assignment process)"
Comment:  Thank you for mentioning here that this is an early allocation - it
makes it much easier on the reviewer than flipping to the back of the document
to check, flipping forward, etc.!

3: Section 3.  Link MSD Advertisement
"MSD values may be learned via a hardware API or may be provisioned."
I don't quite get what a "hardware API" is -- perhaps "an API which talks
directly to the hardware"? Or just drop API (or hardware)?

4: Section 6.  IANA Considerations
"Per TLV information where Link MSD sub-TLV can be part of:
   TLV  22 23 25 141 222 223
yyyyyy
        Figure 5: TLVs where LINK MSD Sub-TLV can be present"

I understand what this is trying to say, but I don't think it does a very good
job of doing so. Perhaps remove the figure and just say "The LINK MSD Sub-TLV
can be in TLVs 22, 23, 25,141, 222 or 223" or similar....