Re: [Lsr] Fwd: Open issues with Dynamic Flooding

Huaimo Chen <huaimo.chen@huawei.com> Tue, 09 April 2019 15:47 UTC

From: Huaimo Chen <huaimo.chen@huawei.com>
To: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, "tony.li@tony.li" <tony.li@tony.li>, "lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 15:47:03 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.212.244.2]
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Fwd: Open issues with Dynamic Flooding

Hi Les,

    For "add temporary flooding in a rate limited manner", can you give some details about how does the rate limit manner work for fixing a FT split? how does each node get the rate limit? Will every node add temporary flooding on a given number of links independently? If so, there are lots of links to be added into the FT temporarily for fixing the FT split. This may cause some issues.
    In another thread "[Lsr] Min Links for Multiple Failures on Flooding Topology", there is a solution for fixing the FT split using almost minimum number of links.

Best Regards,
Huaimo