[Lsr] Warren Kumari's No Record on draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator-09: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 30 March 2021 19:23 UTC

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator@ietf.org, lsr-chairs@ietf.org, lsr@ietf.org, Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, chopps@chopps.org
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 12:23:01 -0700
Subject: [Lsr] Warren Kumari's No Record on draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator-09: (with COMMENT)

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator-09: No Record

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator/

COMMENT:

I'm balloting No Objection, but I really would like a response...

1: I'm assuming I'm just missing something obvious here, but Section 2.2 sayeth:
"A received Prefix Source Router Address Sub-TLV that has an invalid length
(i.e. not consistent with the prefix's address family) or a Router Address
containing an invalid IPv4 or IPv6 address (dependent on address family of the
associated prefix) MUST be considered invalid and ignored. "

What is an "invalid IPv4" address here? If the length is 4, and the route
address is 00000001 or 0xc0a80001, how do you know that that's not what I'm
using? Again, I suspect that there is something obvious that I'm missing here...

2: This presumable has the side effect of increasing the size of the lsdb,
possibly by a fairly large margin. It seems like it would have been nice to
include an operational considerations section noting this, and, while you are
at it, that this document will significantly aid in debugging....