Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Poll for “Using IS-IS Multi-Topology (MT) for Segment Routing based Virtual Transport Network” - draft-xie-lsr-isis-sr-vtn-mt-03

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Thu, 04 March 2021 15:59 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 23:59:10 +0800
Cc: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, lsr@ietf.org
To: Chongfeng Xie <chongfeng.xie@foxmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Poll for “Using IS-IS Multi-Topology (MT) for Segment Routing based Virtual Transport Network” - draft-xie-lsr-isis-sr-vtn-mt-03

Hi,Les:

My understanding is that https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn/ proposed the necessary IGP extensions to accomplish more abundant VTN function, while this adopting draft described how to utilize the existing MT mechanism to achieve the basic VTN function.
And based on the above differences, the corresponding part of https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn-05#section-3.1 should be removed and kept only in the current information draft because it doesn’t need protocol extension.

Adopting this document can certainly accelerate the deployment of MT/SR based VTN, using the existing tools invented by IETF.

This document just tell the reader how to achieve the above goal.
Then I support its adoption.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom