Re: [Lsr] New Version Notification for draft-cc-ospf-flooding-reduction-03.txt

Huaimo Chen <huaimo.chen@huawei.com> Thu, 13 September 2018 03:27 UTC

From: Huaimo Chen <huaimo.chen@huawei.com>
To: "lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 03:26:55 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.212.245.135]
Subject: Re: [Lsr] New Version Notification for draft-cc-ospf-flooding-reduction-03.txt

Hi Everyone,

    This version contains:
•       A new centralized solution, which seems much more efficient. For 63 nodes network, if flooding topology is a binary tree, this new solution uses about 120 bytes for flooding topology, the existing solution uses about 438 bytes. 438/120 = 3.65.
•       An incremental solution for flooding topology changes, which further improves the efficiency of the centralized solution. When there are some changes on the flooding topology, we can flood only these changes, and we do not need to flood the whole flooding topology.
•       A solution for backup flooding topology split, which makes flooding topology more tolerant to failures (thus the flooding topology may be slim),  and quickly flood link states to every live node when multiple failures split the flooding topology.
•       Support for selecting N leaders.
    In addition, we have improved the quality of our draft, and addressed the comments from IETF meetings and the mailing list.

Best Regards,
Huaimo