Re: [ltans] Harber and Stornetta expiry

todd glassey <tglassey@earthlink.net> Mon, 18 July 2011 18:13 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:14:02 -0700
From: todd glassey <tglassey@earthlink.net>
To: Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@gmail.com>
Cc: ltans@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ltans] Harber and Stornetta expiry

On 7/18/2011 10:37 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> How do we know governments will last that long?

PHB - this isn't about building perfection - its about building a
specific set of end-use solutions - something the IETF is uniquely
incompetent at IMHO.

Before ANYTHING happens - the use models and how their to be controlled
has to be formally inked.  Building them after the fact is more than
stupid and ignorant - its the IETF Way.

Todd G.