Re: [ltans] I have been reviewing the LTANS documents published in Internet...

Istvan Zsolt BERTA <istvan.berta@microsec.hu> Fri, 08 April 2011 08:08 UTC

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:10:25 +0200
From: Istvan Zsolt BERTA <istvan.berta@microsec.hu>
To: ltans@ietf.org, alicia.trejo@economia.gob.mx
Subject: Re: [ltans] I have been reviewing the LTANS documents published in Internet...

Dear Carlos,

In ETSI we did a work on secure long term storage (or information
preservation).
http://portal.etsi.org/STFs/STF_HomePages/STF401/STF401.asp

Its primary focus was to develop policy requirements for information
preservation service providers and to give guidelines to their auditors.
They are based on ISO 27001, and are extended with information
preservation specific controls.

Although it is not its primary focus, it does have a short section on
the conversion of paper based documents to (authentic) electronic documents.

The work is finished and accepted (by ETSI) the following two documents
are going to be published soon (around May or June):

* ETSI TS 101 533-1 Information Preservation Systems Security - Part 1:
Requirements for Implementation and Management, 2011.

* ETSI TR 101 533-2 Information Preservation Systems Security - Part 2
Guidelines for Assessors, 2011.

I am not aware of any other international norms on on the migration of
paper based documents to electronic ones, but I cannot say there are not
any. In my country, in Hungary we have legal regulations governing this
area.

Regards,

István