[Ltru] Re: NEW-MODIFY LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION for "Ethi"

"Randy Presuhn" <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com> Fri, 30 June 2006 02:16 UTC

From: Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com>
To: LTRU Working Group <ltru@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:16:41 -0700
Subject: [Ltru] Re: NEW-MODIFY LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION for "Ethi"

Hi -

Is this an area where a future update to the registry document might
benefit from the addition of clarifying text?  Is there are need to
add a mechanism (such as ordering) in order to indicate "preference"?

As a technical contributor, I think that if users of the registry
are making unwarranted "preference" assumptions, we should make it
clearer that order doesn't imply preference.  Given the purpose of
the description field, I think there is no need to add a mechanism
to indicate "preference".

Randy