RE: [Ltru] Preliminary Investigation into Application of ISO 11179

"Debbie Garside" <debbie@ictmarketing.co.uk> Wed, 28 June 2006 07:44 UTC

From: Debbie Garside <debbie@ictmarketing.co.uk>
To: Karen_Broome@spe.sony.com
Subject: RE: [Ltru] Preliminary Investigation into Application of ISO 11179
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:43:50 +0100
Cc: 'Doug Ewell' <dewell@adelphia.net>, 'LTRU Working Group' <ltru@ietf.org>

Hi Karen

Thanks for your input.  I need to do a little more reading before I respond
so it may be a few days :-)

I think there are two ways of looking at 11179: 1. As a standard to assist
in the design of a Meta-data Registry 2. As a standard to apply to an
existing Meta-Data registry.

I have been looking at what is as a bare minimum absolutely necessary in
order to apply ISO 11179 to the LTRU Registry.  I have read the whole
standard but I need to do further depth reading to see what is required for
the Registry to be conformant.

There are one or two things that you have mentioned that do not fit with my
interpretation but I would not want to say more until I have studied it
further.

best regards

Debbie

  _____