[Ltru] [Fwd: Re: [TC46-L] [OLD-IRISH-L] An official language code for Primitive Irish]

Marion Gunn <mgunn@egt.ie> Tue, 19 January 2010 15:46 UTC

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:46:24 +0000
From: Marion Gunn <mgunn@egt.ie>
To: 'LTRU Working Group' <ltru@ietf.org>, "ietf-languages@alvestrand.no" <ietf-languages@alvestrand.no>
Subject: [Ltru] [Fwd: Re: [TC46-L] [OLD-IRISH-L] An official language code for Primitive Irish]

Marion Gunn * eGteo (Estab.1991)

27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an

Bhóthair, An Charraig Dhubh,

Co. Átha Cliath, Éire/Ireland

* mgunn@egt.ie * eamonn@egt.ie *

--- Begin Message ---
As Ireland's (NSAI) sole representative in ISO/TC 37 for many years
during the 1990s and similarly Head of Ireland's (NSAI) ISO/TC 46
delegation until 2001, I would foresee few procedural difficulties, if
any in registering the proposed new language code in ISO-639-3, with the
assistance of Ian Cowan and Gay Moran of NSAI and Fidelma Ní
Gallchobhair of the Coiste Téarmaíochta (my successor in ISO/TC 37,
which now has a larger delegation than then, including Donla Uí
Bhraonáin of DCU). This proposal was not my idea, in fact, it would
never have occurred to me, but I would not see any harm in registering
such a tag (rather the reverse).
mg

Scríobh ejp10:

--- End Message ---