Re: [Ltru] Updated draft-4646bis...

Addison Phillips <addison@yahoo-inc.com> Tue, 17 July 2007 18:31 UTC

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:31:28 -0700
From: Addison Phillips <addison@yahoo-inc.com>
To: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Ltru] Updated draft-4646bis...
Cc: LTRU Working Group <ltru@ietf.org>

The text in the editor's copy, btw is:

--
The 'mis' (Uncoded) primary language subtag is used to identify
linguistic content whose language is known but for which no subtag has
been defined. It is intended for use languages not otherwise categorized
or in cases in which the range of subtags is constrained. It SHOULD NOT
be used except when other means of identifying the language are not
available. For example, a library application might limit the list of
subtags to those associated with the codes defined by the [MARC21]
standard. The 'mis' subtag might be used by this application for
languages not included in that set.
--

I note that your text is what I said I would put into the I-D, in this
message:

   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ltru/8019

Must have missed it in cleanup.

Addiso