Re: [Ltru] Re: Extended language tags

"Mark Davis" <mark.davis@icu-project.org> Tue, 09 October 2007 20:40 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=Vt91WDlBo6o12gEnRNSxSCew64Ra7GCduYB8CslPrlk=; b=YSDhxOZLT1dcxfKY75RAFsEPsL31DW40FGZJMTQ07LOaeenSQgrlWasmyhiFo5UdIaQBwxYf4No8TThisTcIUObkAE3jcO+F2h0ET9cjBDKBIbqgcuX0+cnA3Bcybh8UOISZPXrWOOowwtjAdGLg74/C+wuzkiZsANvM57AYMNg=
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:40:18 -0700
From: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>
To: Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Ltru] Re: Extended language tags
Cc: LTRU Working Group <ltru@ietf.org>

First off, I agree with Andy that the editor's contributions should be
judged on technical merit, just like everyone else's.

As far as a conclusion goes. Any judgment of consensus at this point is
premature. We are increasing the size of the registry by a huge margin, and
considering whether to add a significant piece of architecture: it is more
important that this revision be correctly designed than that it meet some
arbitrary deadline. I think that the telecons have been valuable for
bringing out the issues, and we already planned for another this week. As
long as we are making progress with that, we should continue. It is useful
when the chairs could make that meeting: Randy's been to one of them.
Martin, is that time too difficult for you?

Mark

On 10/9/07, Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> As co-chair...