[Ltru] Minor proofreading nits again (was: Re: draft-davis-t-langtag-ext-03)

CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com> Wed, 13 July 2011 22:59 UTC

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
To: ltru@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:59:17 -0400
Subject: [Ltru] Minor proofreading nits again (was: Re: draft-davis-t-langtag-ext-03)

Hi.
I looked over http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-davis-t-langtag-ext-03 quickly; just a couple of minor things.

1.  Intro
"Transforms such as transliteration may vary depending not only on the basis of the source and target script, but also on language.  Thus the Russian <U+041F U+0443 U+0442 U+0438 U+043D> (which corresponds to the Cyrillic <PE, U, TE, I, EN>) transliterates into "Putin" in English but "Poutine" in French.  The identifier could be used to indicate a desired mechanical transformation in an API, or could be used to tag data that has been converted (mechanically or by hand) according to a transliteration method."
{ COMMENT:  Try "Transforms such as transliterations?"  (that is, make "transliterations" plural I think).  Also I would change "could" to "can" because you are using the present tense elsewhere in this paragraph}=>
"Transforms such as transliterations may vary depending not only on the basis of the source and target script, but also on language.  Thus the Russian <U+041F U+0443 U+0442 U+0438 U+043D> (which corresponds to the Cyrillic <PE, U, TE, I, EN>) transliterates into "Putin" in English but "Poutine" in French.  The identifier can be used to indicate a desired mechanical transformation in an API, or can be used to tag data that has been converted (mechanically or by hand) according to a transliteration method."
* * *
2.5{ QUESTION:  do you want to mention that BP 47 language subtags are updated from time to time and this does not mean that the -t extension RFC will be updated at the same time (or does it?). }
* * *2.6 last par
"Accepted tickets result an a new entry in the machine-readable CLDR   BCP47 data, or in the case of a clarified description, modifications   to the description attribute value for an existing entry."
{ ***IMPORTANT COMMENT:  typo it seems:  "Accepted tickets result in a new entry . . . " should replace "Accepted tickets result an a new entry . . . " }
=>
"Accepted tickets result in a new entry in the machine-readable CLDR   BCP47 data, or in the case of a clarified description, modifications   to the description attribute value for an existing entry."

That's all I found but I read this pretty quickly this time.
Best,
--C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar@hotmail.com