Re: [Ltru] Re: Punjabi

"Mark Davis" <mark.davis@icu-project.org> Fri, 16 March 2007 22:37 UTC

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:37:27 -0700
From: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>
To: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Subject: Re: [Ltru] Re: Punjabi
Cc: Doug Ewell <dewell@adelphia.net>, LTRU Working Group <ltru@ietf.org>

Yes, and it concerns me that we are baking in a particular view of the world
by requiring that some language tags can only be used in conjunction with
others (eg pmu can only be used with lah-pmu). Now maybe I'm missing
something, can you articulate the reasons why we must use lah-pmu (for
example) instead of just pmu?

Mark

--
Mark