Re: [Lwip] [Roll] [6tisch] I-D Action: draft-richardson-6tisch-roll-enrollment-priority-02.txt

Rahul Arvind Jadhav <rahul.jadhav@huawei.com> Fri, 08 February 2019 05:20 UTC

From: Rahul Arvind Jadhav <rahul.jadhav@huawei.com>
To: Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks <roll@ietf.org>
CC: "lwip@ietf.org" <lwip@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 05:20:34 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.18.157.44]
Subject: Re: [Lwip] [Roll] [6tisch] I-D Action: draft-richardson-6tisch-roll-enrollment-priority-02.txt

<CCing LWIG>>

Hello Michael,

The min-priority information from 6LRs/6LBRs is an important field.
In our experiments, we found that without such a mechanism it won't be possible to even form a stable network with limited memory in dense deployments.
We have a draft in LWIG (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-nbr-mgmt-policy/) which talks about managing neighbor cache entries effectively with dense deployments and limited memory. Section 2.5.2. in the draft explains the need for such a field in the DIO message.
In the last LWIG session I had explained the need for this field in DIO messages (and quoted your draft) in my presentation.
This time we will be providing performance data in LWIG for this draft and the implementation already has min-priority (-like) field in the DIO.

Regards,
Rahul