Re: [magma] MLDv1/v2

"Beeram, Suresh KumarReddy" <sbeeram@hp.com> Mon, 25 April 2011 03:52 UTC

From: "Beeram, Suresh KumarReddy" <sbeeram@hp.com>
To: Rekha Mundhra <rmundhra@us.ibm.com>, "magma@ietf.org" <magma@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 03:50:14 +0000
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [magma] MLDv1/v2

Hi Rekha,
When we are in version2 we need to send  initial reports TO_EX(Multicast address,{null}), [RV] times, [URI] seconds apart.
When we are version1 we need to send MLDV1 report for multicast address [RV] times, [URI] seconds apart .

I didn't find any IETF doc which explains in detail..but I found for MLDV2  in TAHI conformance test suite,
So same applies for MLDV1.
Refer testcase-1.

http://www.ipv6ready.org/docs/Phase2_MLDv2_Router_Conformance_Latest.pdf

Thanks