Re: [magma] IGMP/MLD discussion on PIM working-group

Brian Haberman <brian@innovationslab.net> Mon, 09 May 2011 13:11 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 09:11:48 -0400
From: Brian Haberman <brian@innovationslab.net>
To: magma@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [magma] IGMP/MLD discussion on PIM working-group

Bharat,
     Thanks for mentioning this on the list.  I had a few conversations
with one of the PIM WG co-chairs and several ADs on how to handle this
new IGMP/MLD work that is of interest to PIM.  We decided that since the
work items are reasonably scoped (and small), that it did not warrant
re-opening the MAGMA WG.

     I would encourage people to participate in the PIM WG effort on the
group management protocols in order to ensure that new
features/functions introduced interact well with the existing
specifications and implementations.

Regards,
Brian