Subject: [mailmaint] Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mailmaint-pacc-00.txt
From: Kenneth Murchison <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ben Bucksch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2025 18:32:58 +0200
List-Id: Mail Maintenance <mailmaint.ietf.org>

Ben,

I don't think you incorporated most/all of the feedback on the original 
draft (see mailing list posts on March 12-13, 2025).  Can you review and 
address those comments?

Also, can you:

  * Fix the document name in the boilerplate to be a WG doc?
  * Change the Intended Status to Standards Track?

Additionally, if you don't have time to churn on this frequently prior 
to IETF 124, I know of one or more people that might have some spare 
cycles to help co-author.

WG members,

If you have feedback on this draft, or suggested text, please post them 
to the list.

Cheers,
Ken

On 7/23/25 2:02 AM, Neil Jenkins wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Just confirming, this is just a renamed version of the previous 
> private draft right? I don't think it has been updated with any of the 
> feedback 
> <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/mailmaint/L_0OTTwyFuCRwakXyclb4KqYx0M/> from 
> before.
>
> Related to this, in the previous group discussions we agreed you could 
> discover the authentication methods from the protocols so we should 
> drop this from the autoconfig — that made it simpler, and avoided the 
> possibility of it not matching reality. The exception was OAuth, where 
> you needed to know the issuer. However, I've discovered the recently 
> published RFC9728 <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9728.html>, and 
> I'm thinking we might be able to do OAuth discovery using this, which 
> would further simplify things. Something to discuss at the meeting 
> this week.
>
> Cheers,
> Neil.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Senior Software Developer
Fastmail US LLC
MAILMAINT Co-chair