Re: [manet] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multitopology-05: (with COMMENT)

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <chris.dearlove@baesystems.com> Wed, 27 May 2015 10:51 UTC

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <chris.dearlove@baesystems.com>
To: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 10:51:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.109.62.6]
Cc: "draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multitopology@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multitopology@ietf.org>, "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>, "manet-chairs@ietf.org" <manet-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [manet] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multitopology-05: (with COMMENT)

It's a philosophy question, what does updates mean? Is there a formal RFC Editor definition? This does, at the least, update IANA registries established by 7181 and I think 7188 and XXXX (draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming that we expect to be an RFC before or with this).

But honestly, I and co-author don't care one way or the other, if the IESG picks an answer, we'll implement it. I will probably have to let my co-author handle the mechanics of this, I may be unavailable shortly for at least a week.

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer

T:  +44 (0)1245 242194  |  E: chris.dearlove@baesystems.com

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, Chelmsford Technology Park, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 8HN.
www.baesystems.com/ai
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 01337451
Registered Office: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP