Re: [manet] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Recharter Discussion

"Roy, Radhika R CIV USARMY RDECOM CERDEC (US)" <radhika.r.roy.civ@mail.mil> Wed, 04 May 2016 15:35 UTC

From: "Roy, Radhika R CIV USARMY RDECOM CERDEC (US)" <radhika.r.roy.civ@mail.mil>
To: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-LCA0)" <william.d.ivancic@nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 15:31:30 +0000
x-originating-ip: [131.64.22.13]
Cc: "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [manet] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Recharter Discussion

Hi, Will:

Please inline [RRR].

BR/Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivancic, William D. (GRC-LCA0) [mailto:william.d.ivancic@nasa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 11:22 AM
To: Roy, Radhika R CIV USARMY RDECOM CERDEC (US) <radhika.r.roy.civ@mail.mil>; James Nguyen <james.huy.nguyen@gmail.com>; Justin Dean <bebemaster@gmail.com>
Cc: manet@ietf.org

Radhika,

To me, depending on how one looks at this, it boarders on either a
research item or a deployment item (addressing schemes that work between
ad-hoc and backbone, etcŠ).

Can you better define what you would like out of the engineer group?  Do
we need a protocol that operates between the tiers?

[RRR] Yes. A unicast protocol between the independent peers that form the hierarchical tiers (in this case, say 2-tier network: access and Backbone - the peering nodes that form the backbone may be cluster heads). That is , we need a routing protocol among backbone nodes using unicast.

Will

On 5/4/16, 11:09 AM, "manet on behalf of Roy, Radhika R CIV USARMY RDECOM
CERDEC (US)" <manet-bounces@ietf.org on behalf of